Superfoods – Cocoa
Powdered cocoa seeds are used not only as the main ingredient in production of chocolate (we have also used it for manufacturing our Brownie 😊, but also as a cure in natural medicine. Cocoa seeds have many nutritional values, primarily antioxidants, but also helping your health in many ways:
It prolongs your life
– individuals who consume cocoa every day suffer fewer hemorrhages, heart diseases, cancers and diabetes.
It improves your memory
– it has been noted that cocoa helps curb weakening of elderly people’s memory.
It prevents cardiovascular diseases
– it is a source of antioxidants such as flavanols, which demonstrate positive influence on the circulatory system with relaxant effect on the blood vessels, thereby improving blood circulation.
It relieves stress
– in spite of stimulant content it has a sedative effect (valeric acid). It is also a perfect source of manganese, which soothes you in stressful situations and mitigates depressive moods.
It improves your mood as it is a source of tryptophan,
which is used by the brain to produce serotonin (it calms you and gives you a sense of happiness).
It fights off cough
– theobromine contained in cocoa might block the functions of sensory nerves, which stops the process of coughing.
It is an aphrodisiac
– by increasing secretion of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, adrenalin and noradrenaline, it eliminates fatigue and improves your mood.
Recommended by Aneta Korzeniecka, nutritionist